The great reputation of the Turkish cotton towels goes far beyond the country’s borders. Because of several reasons, which we are about to mention below, this fluffy and soft product is Turkey’s one of the most popular goods all around the world. In addition to the popularity of Turkish towels in the UK and DC, it is most likely that you can encounter this product almost anywhere around the Mediterranean.
So, what is so special about Turkish towels? What makes them so precious and valuable in the world? You will get all the answers about Turkish towels, which are also known as Pesthemal around the Mediterranean, or Fouta Towels, around Northern Africa. You may also have heard it as Turkish bath or hammam towels, too.
But we will come to that later…
As Starter: What is Turkish Towel?
This fluffy, soft, quick-drying, and east-to-carry world-famous Turkish product is an indispensable item in Turkish homes and baths. People from Anatolia, the Mediterranean, and the Middle East have been using it traditionally for centuries. After spending some quality time in your own bath or traditional Turkish bath (hammam), it is the first thing you will need!
What Is So Special About Them?
We have actually already given the answer to this particular question. The perfect features of Turkish towels, such as quick-drying, easy-to-carry, their suction make them so special. What’s more, they do not take up much space, so you can pack them and they pack light. Also, they are incredibly versatile which means you can use them however you wish.
We must also mention that they generally have a fringe which gives them very unique and special characteristics.
Turkish Towels vs Regular Towels
Do we really need a “vs”? Yes, we do as Turkish towels matter! The features that we have counted above about this traditional quality Turkish item require to distinguish it from its kind. The first thing that distinguishes them from regular towels is the great quality of the world-famous Turkish cotton. The second thing, on the other hand, is hundreds of years of the handcraft labor tradition of Turkish masters.
So, if you visit a Turkish bathhouse, a Turkish towel will be the only thing you’ll be wearing while enjoying this bathing and scrubbing ritual.
Did You Know That?
Did you know that at the wedding of Prince William and Princess Kate Middleton of England, the couple handed out gold embroidered Turkish towels to the guests? So, that’s how popular Turkish item is. Well, if you ask what these towel features are, let’s explain it right away;
- Turkish cotton: Cotton produced in Turkey has features that distinguish it from other kinds of cotton. Accordingly, Turkish cotton consists of long and durable fibers. In addition, thanks to its fast-drying feature, it reduces the wetness to a minimum level. And so, it prevents the formation of bacteria. Thus, towels produced with Turkish cotton offer a much healthier and more comfortable use.
- Patterned structure: From past to present, Turkish patterns are undoubtedly known for their popularity. These traditional motifs, especially seen on the tiles used in baths, also improve the pattern workmanship on the towels. For this reason, it is possible to say that the production of patterned towels, whether hand-woven or machine-woven, still continues and attracts the attention of people from all around the world.
What Purposes Do You Use Turkish Towels for?
There are several reasons for which you can use them and spoil yourself. Here are some of the reasons you need to convince yourself to buy one as soon as you can. Well, the reasons why do you need to use Turkish towels are:
- as your beach towel (the sand won’t stick!)
- for travel
- for the gym or yoga classes
- as a hair towel
- in a traditional Turkish bath
- as a scarf
- in the bathroom, right out of the shower
- as a sarong
- as a wrap
- a picnic blanket or a tablecloth
- as an airplane companion
Top-Rated Turkish Towels
Now that we have a general view on what Turkish towel is and what makes them so special, let’s take a look at top-rated Turkish towel types. Furthermore, not only see the best of them, but you can also explore Turkish towels in bulk.
- InfuseZen StoneWashed Turkish Towel
- Thema Tribal Towel
- Wetcat Original Turkish Beach Towel
- Serena & Lily Fouta Bath Towel
- Crane & Canopy Turkish Cotton Classic White Towel
- The Longest Thread Turkish Towel
- Brielle Home Nazar Turkish Pesthemal Beach Towel
- Personalized Turkish Beach Towel
- Coyuchi Mediterranean Organic Towel
- Parachute Fouta Stripe Towel
- Cacala Cotton Pesthemal Turkish Bath Towel
- Organic Turkish Tassel Towel
- Pesthemal Stripe Bath Towel
Well, there is, of course, more than that. So, in order to reach much more options, you can simply click here and pick whichever you like!
Bonus: Difference Between Turkish Towels and Egyptian Cotton Towels
This is one of the most common comparisons made between two traditional items. When it comes to the difference between Turkish towels and Egyptian cotton towels, making a comparison is a hard task as the two kinds are quite popular and quality in the world.
Unlike Turkish cotton, Egyptian cotton threads are thick and fluffy from the get-go. This density gives Egyptian cotton a luxurious feel. It also allows the cotton to wick moisture fast. Another difference is that Egyptian cotton is less apt to let go of the liquids trapped within its threads than its Turkish counterpart. Therefore, you need to dry Egyptian cotton towels frequently. You must do it either in a dryer or by hanging in a cool area with superior air circulation.
Turkish towels, on the other hand, dry lightning fast. This feature makes them a great choice for anyone who dreads waiting for a towel to air dry. Or else, for those who hate wasting utility bills on electric dryer costs.
So, did you like our content? Was it helpful for you to decide what kind of those towels you wish to buy and what does Turkish towels make so special and unique? In case your answer is yes, then please check out our social media accounts and tell us your thoughts in the comment section.