The career of the Turkish actor Ismail Hacioglu is full of accomplishments. The 37-year-old Turkish actor has fit in numerous TV series, dramas, feature films, plays, etc. While Hacioglu gained many successes in his career, the Turkish actor’s private life has also been in the spotlight. So, in this post, we will examine Ismail Hacioglu’s life, career, private life, and more…
With his latest appearance on TV as both Savas and Baris characters in the Turkish crime series Mahkum (Prisoner), the Turkish actor has sat at the pick of his popularity once again. The series, in which the actor shares the lead role with another accomplished Turkish actor Onur Tuna (plays as the Public Prosecutor Fırat Bulut), has already become an iconic production on TV screens.
Well, here are some of the questions in the air: who is Ismail Hacioglu? How old is the Turkish actor? When did Hacioglu marry Vildan Atasever and when did the couple divorce? What about Hacioglu’s height, weight, and horoscope? We are glad to introduce this talented Turkish actor to you…
Who is Ismail Hacioglu?
The Turkish actor Ismail Hacioglu was born on 30 November 1985 in Fatih, Istanbul, as the first child of his family. His father is Mehmet Hacioglu, a former Fenerbahçe football team player. But unlike his father, the Turkish actor Hacioglu is a dark Galatasaray fan. He has a sister named Kardelen.
How Did Hacioglu Enter Show Business?
The Turkish actor started making money by dubbing when he was just 12 years old. Then, Ismail Hacioglu studied at the Müjdat Gezen Art Center Theater Department. The Turkish actor took part in theater plays for two seasons there.
He played for one season in the private theater founded by his instructors Aydoğan Tamer and Erdal Duman, and then in the Istanbul Youth Theater founded by Duman.
Fork in the Road: Education or Career
While he was studying at the Müjdat Gezen Art Center, he started to do voiceovers in commercials. Hacioglu won the Mimar Sinan University State Conservatory Theater Department while playing Ozan, the mischievous son of the house, in the TV series Bir Istanbul Masalı (An Istanbul Fairytale).
However, he left the first grade and dropped out of school due to the head of the department, Zeliha Berksoy’s statement, “Both the school and the TV show cannot happen at the same time”. This became the end of Ismail Hacioglu’s education.
First Award That Came When Ismail Hacioglu was 17-Year-Old
In 2002, İsmail Hacıoğlu portrayed the character of Osman in the movie Karşılaşma (Encounter). The movie was directed by Ömer Kavur and written by Macit Koper and Ömer Kavur. Uğur Polat, Lale Mansur, Çetin Tekindor and Aytaç Arman played the leading roles. Ismail Hacioglu received the Promising Young Actor award with this film at the 40th Antalya Film Festival.
Best Debut on TV: Bir Istanbul Masali (An Istanbul Fairytale)
In 2003, the Turkish actor played in the TV series Bir Istanbul Masalı (An Istanbul Fairytale). He appeared in this series with acclaimed actors and actress such as Ahu Türkpençe, Mehmet Aslantuğ, Ozan Güven, Çetin Tekindor, Arsen Gürzap, Vahide Gördüm, Altan Erkekli, and Yasemin Çonka.
Ismail Hacioglu’s Star Shines Once Again
The acclaimed Turkish actor Ismail Hacioğlu starred in a leading role in the 2007-make Turkish feature film Kabadayi (For Love and Honor). With its magnificent cast, gripping story, and talented production, the film became the most successful production of the year. As for Ismail Hacioglu, the actor had the opportunity to show his talent on the silver screen, too.
The director of the 2007 movie Kabadayı (For Love and Honor) is Ömer Vargı, and the screenwriter is Yavuz Turgul. Ismail Hacioglu starred in this movie with Şener Şen, Kenan İmirzalıoğlu, Aslı Tandoğan, Rasim Öztekin, and Tarık Ünlüoğlu.
Ismail Hacioglu Once Again on TV
The Turkish actor played the role of Fatih Sultan Mehmed (Mehmed The Conqueror) in the TV series Osmanlı Tokadı. The series started to be broadcast on TRT in April 2013. The Turkish comedy, however, dreadfully failed and ended after the first episode.
His wife at that time, Vildan Atasever, Alper Kul, Uğur Çavuşoğlu, and Mazhar Alanson also took part in this series.
The TV Series Starring Ismail Hacioglu
- Koçum Benim (2002)
- Bir İstanbul Masalı (An Istanbul Fairy Tale) as Ozan Kozan (2004)
- Beyaz Gelincik (2005-2007)
- Sinekli Bakkal (2007)
- Gece Sesleri (2008)
- Şüphe (2011)
- Firar (Desertion) as Civan (2011)
- Osmanlı Tokadı (2013)
- Zeyrek ile Çeyrek (2015)
- Kayıt Dışı (2017)
- Mehmetçik Kut’ül Amare (2018)
- Çocuk (The Kid) as Hasan Çetin (2019-2020)
- Zümrüdüanka (The Phoenix) as Cihan (2020)
- Hükümsüz (2021)
- Mahkum (Prisoner) as Savaş and Barış (2021 – ongoing)
The Movies Starring Ismail Hacioglu
- Kesişme: İyiki Varsın Eren (Intersection: Glad to Have You, Eren) as Ferhat Gedik (2022)
- Cep Herkülü: Naim Süleymanoğlu (Pocket Hercules: Naim Süleymanoglu) as Mehmet (2019)
- Türk İşi Dondurma (Turkish Ice-Cream) as Turkish Captain (2019)
- Ayla (Ayla: The Daughter of War) as Süleyman Dilbirliği (2017)
- Kafes (Cage) as Mehmet Sipahi (2015)
- Sonsuz Bir Aşk (An Eternal Love) as Volkan (2015)
- Meryem — as Murat (2013)
- Türkan — as Mustafa (2011)
- Çakal (Koyote) as Akın (2010)
- Sinyora Enrica ile İtalyan Olmak (Being Italian with Signora Enrica) as Ekin (2010)
- Sonsuz (Eternal) as Volkan (2009)
- Vali (The Governor) as Sarp Uçar (2008)
- Sarıkamış Beyaz Hüzün (Sarikamis: White Sorrow) as Delikanlı (2008)
- Hızlı Yarışçı — as the Turkish dubber— (2008)
- Hoşçakal Güzin — as Serkan (2008
- Gökten Üç Elma Düştü — as Ali (2008)
- Beni Unutma (as a guest actor) (2008)
- Başka Semtin Çocukları (Children of the Otherside) as Veysel (2008)
- Kabadayı (For Love and Honor) as Murat (2007)
- Sınav (Heist School) as Mert (2006)
- Anlat İstanbul (Istanbul Tales) as Fiko (2004)
- Karşılaşma (Encounter) as Osman (2002)
- Hiçbir Yerde (In Nowhere Land) as Halim’s Brother (2001)
- Bana Şans Dile (Wish Me Luck) as Çağlar (2001)
The Awards Ismail Hacioglu Received
- 40th Antalya Film Festival – Promising Young Actor (Encounter), 2003
- 15th Ankara Film Festival – Mehmet Emin Toprak Promising New Actor (Encounter), 2003
- 25th Siyad Turkish Cinema Awards – Promising Artist of the Year (Encounter), 2003
- 11th ÇASOD “Best Actor” Awards – Promising Actor (Encounter), 2004
- 20th Ankara Film Festival – Best Supporting Actor (Three Apples Fell from the Sky), 2009
- 16th Sadri Alışık Awards “Best Actor of the Year” Çakal (film) – Erhan Kozan, 2011
Private Life of Ismail Hacioglu
So, the Turkish actor Ismail Hacioğlu married the Turkish actress Vildan Atasever in 2010. The couple, however, divorced on January 21, 2015. Then, Hacioglu, on February 5, 2016, married Duygu Kaya Kumarki. The couple has a daughter named Yemin. Nonetheless, Kumarki and Hacioğlu couple divorced in July 2020, too.
Ismail Hacioglu’s Physical Features
What is Ismail Hacioglu‘s height? What is Ismail Hacioglu‘s weight? Moreover, what is Ismail Hacioglu‘s zodiac sign? So, the 37-year-old Turkish actor is 1.86 meters tall and 72 kilograms. So, in addition to his acting talent, the actor is also a good role model in his private life. Well, as for the zodiac sign of the popular actor, on the other hand, he is a Sagittarius person.
Ismail Hacioglu Instagram, Twitter, and More
So, the versatile and talented Turkish actor has more than 883K followers on Instagram. As for Twitter, at the moment, we haven’t been able to learn whether or not the actor has one. So, for those who wish to monitor him more closely on Instagram, here is his official social media account:
So, if you like our content, please like, share, and follow us on social media. We would appreciate it and your valuable feedback too!