First of all, we should mention that the recipe for the Turkish mosaic cake is not really a Turkish recipe. Though, just like many other similar desserts from Europe, such as crème caramel, the mosaic cake has turned into a Turkish flavor. And now, for the last century, it has become a favorite flavor in order to indulge yourself at the end of a delicious meal.
Nowadays, in Turkish homes, it is an incredibly common taste that children love to the end. Moreover, in the fanciest cafes both in Turkey and Istanbul, Turkish mosaic cake is an indispensable taste of their menus to offer along with a cup of delicious coffee.
The Best 22 Cafés for Third Wave Coffee in Istanbul
So, the dessert is an old but ageless flavor that people consider ordering one when they have no time to sit at length. Furthermore, the dessert is limitless, which means you can use your imagination to make it richer. And you can enrich the flavor of the dessert with your own small special touch.
Some More Details About Turkish Mosaic Cake
This delicious Turkish dessert has everything you can ever imagine. The most important thing about it is that it is super easy to make, and so to find its ingredients. What’s more, you can keep this delicious dessert in your fridge for some days ahead. Plus, it doesn’t require an oven to heat or something. Well, short in a long story, Turkish mosaic cake is always a great choice when you want to prepare something with chocolate, butter, flavor, and a smooth taste. Give an ear to us! This dessert is the one you deserve!
It doesn’t matter how you slice and garnish it as it will look amazing when you serve it on a plate. Where it takes, its name is from the white biscuits form a mosaic-like pattern inside the chocolate. Namely, you will be convinced of its name when you see its shape. Furthermore, it’s a great choice when you organize a party for kids or entertain your valuable guests. It is a great choice, too, when you come together with your family and have a simple and ordinary meal with them.
Types and Ways to Serve Turkish Mosaic Cake
Before giving you the ingredients and recipe, here are some delicious tips for you to enrich your experience:
You had better serve the dish with chocolate sauce or vanilla ice cream. Or else, you can also slice the dessert thin and then, make ice cream sandwiches. In addition to that, you also have a chance to layer other ingredients like whipped cream and exotic fruits for a much more delicious taste. As an alternative, you have chocolate fondue in your hand! All you need to do is to cut the mosaic cake into cubes and dip it in the chocolate fondue.
What can you eat Turkish mosaic cake with? Turkish coffee and Turkish tea go pretty well with this flavor as they go well with almost anything! On the other hand, you can add other ingredients like dried fruits, mini marshmallows, nuts, and lots of chocolate to the mix. Thus, you will be made a more glamorous cake.
Be brave, get creative, and leave your own mark on your own Turkish mosaic cake!
What are The Ingredients of the Turkish Dessert?
Collect your ingredients and your materials for baking. Then, start preparing your Turkish mosaic cake:
- 1 pound / 500 grams petit beurre biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup / 225 grams butter
- 3 ounces / 80 grams bitter chocolate
- a long, narrow loaf pan
- clean plastic bag, cut open to make a rectangle
How to Make Turkish Mosaic Cake?
First of all, shred all of your petit beurre biscuits into small squares and set them aside. After that, you need to melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave or in a double boiler. Last but not least, follow the four following steps to complete your delicious cake recipe of the day:
- The following step is to whisk the sugar, vanilla, and cocoa powder into the butter. After that, add the chocolate and mix well. Whisk in the eggs and mix well until thickened.
- Combine the broken biscuits and the chocolate mixture in a large mixing bowl. To implement this process, turn it gently with a wooden spoon. And maintain this process until all the crackers come in contact with the chocolate.
3. Line your loaf pan with a clean plastic sheet. Later, fill the pan over the plastic and pack the mixture down as tightly as you can with the back of the spoon. Once you packed down all the mixture, smooth the top, then close the edges of the plastic over the top.
4. Refrigerate the mosaic cake for several hours or overnight before serving. When the cake is set, unwrap the plastic from one end and begin slicing it. Close the plastic again and keep your cake in the refrigerator for several days.
Hope you like our recipe! Tell us if you tried it and whether or not you liked the taste.