Food enthusiasts and those who love to cook! Gather around! In today’s recipe, we are going to share with you a very healthy, veggie, and yet yummy flavor to cook. It is super easy to cook, what’s more, you can find the ingredient anywhere you think of! So, don’t worry! It is not a complex and a ‘fancy‘ recipe with full of hard-to-find ingredients. Just take your seat and scroll down the page for the whole steps…
This vegetarian dish consists of great textures and tastes, —such as smoky aubergine, nutty chickpeas, and earthy walnuts. Furthermore, it is a valuable part of Turkish cuisine. So, let’s take a look at the ingredients.
Ingredients of Today’s Recipe
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- ½ tsp each ground cumin, coriander, and cinnamon
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 200g tomatoes, chopped
- Juice ½ lemon
- 2 aubergines, sliced lengthways
For the walnut sauce
- 200g tub Greek-style yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g walnuts, chopped
- Handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
How to Cook Grilled Aubergines with Spicy Chickpeas?
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the onion, and fry until soft and lightly browned, about 10 mins. Later on, add the chili, ginger, and spices and mix well. Then, stir in the chickpeas, tomatoes, and 5 tbsp water, bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins. Afterward, add a little salt and pepper and the lemon juice.
- Arrange the aubergines over a grill pan. Brush lightly with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then grill until golden. Flip them over, brush again with oil, season, and grill again until tender and golden.
- Mix the yogurt with the garlic, most of the walnuts and coriander, and a little salt and pepper. Later on, arrange the aubergine slices over a warm platter and spoon over the chickpea mix. Then, drizzle with the walnut sauce and scatter with the remaining walnuts and coriander.
Hope you like the recipe. There is only one thing to say, which is Bon appetit!