Here we are again with another delicious Turkish food which is famous for its taste as well as its name. The best translation for Kadınbudu Köfte is “Lady’s Thigh Meatballs”. So enjoy the taste of the food. Turkish cuisine is famous for its meatballs, better known as ‘köfte‘ (kuf-TAY’). In Turkey, meatballs are grilled, fried, baked or even boiled (like İçli Köfte – Kibbeh or Kubbah). But no Turkish meatball tops the one named after an important female body part.
Lady’s Thigh Meatballs Has a Unique Taste
The addition of allspice and other seasonings gives these meatballs a unique fragrance and mild flavour. The way to cook lady’s thigh meatballs is also different. Secondly, you should shape the raw meatballs with your hand. Then, they’re coated with flour followed by beaten egg and fried in hot oil.
The result is a tender, juicy meatball. It cooks in its own juices that are encased in a soft, golden crust. Kids like to giggle about the name and love them because of their unique look and mild flavour. Lady’s thigh meatballs go especially well with french fries and Turkish navy bean salad. The name of this salad is “piyaz” (PEE’-ahz). Try them for your family and put some Turkish flavour in your weekday menu. Above all, Lady’s Thigh Meatballs – Kadınbudu Köfte originates from Sivas city of Turkey.
Ingredients to Make Kadınbudu Köfte – Lady’s Thigh Meatballs
- 1/2 pound ground beef (85-90% fat)
- 1/2 cup white rice (cooked plain rice or leftover rice pilaf)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons allspice (ground)
- 1/2 cup dill (chopped fresh, or 2 teaspoons dried mint leaves)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
First, knead together the ground beef, cooked rice, spices, and egg for several minutes until uniform. Set the meat aside for a few minutes to rest. Then, break off large pieces to make plump, flat oblong meatballs that fit in the palm of your hand.
Spread the flour on a plate. In a bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add a few dashes of salt.
Pour oil in a deep skillet about one inch deep. While the oil is heating, roll each raw meatball in the flour. Make sure it is coated evenly.
4. Shake off the excess flour. Turn the floured meatball in the beaten egg to coat it thoroughly, then immediately place it in the hot oil.
Continue with Other Steps
5. Repeat this with several meatballs until the frying pan is full.
6. Let the meatballs fry until one side is golden brown.
7. Flip them over using a fork or strainer and cook them equally on the other side.
8. Drain them on paper towels. Repeat until all your meatballs are ready to drain.
How to Serve Lady’s Thigh Meatballs?
You can serve it for 2 people. However, the more you increase the ingredient, the more increase the number of people to serve. You should make Lady’s Thigh Meatballs as soon as you can. We assure you that you will love its taste. By the way, do not forget to serve it with fried potato, onion, fresh vegetables and ayran (a fresh Turkish traditional drink made with yoghurt, water and salt)! You can also serve lady’s thigh meatballs with macaroni and cheese and any vegetable side dish for a delicious, simple and economical meal with a Turkish twist.
The preparation time will take you 15 minutes.
Cooking time is 15 minutes, too.
Again! Buon appetite!