Melisa Sözen is one of Turkey’s most talented actresses, who has packed a 22-year career into her 37-year life. The Turkish actress has participated in numerous national and international TV series, dramas, feature films, theatre plays, and so on. And thus, she had her name written in the Turkish art world with golden letters. The accomplishment of Sözen is beyond question and her success deserves to be appreciated.
So, in this post, this is what we are going to do today. While explaining Melisa Sözen’s glorious career, we will also give detailed information on the personal life of the Turkish actress Sözen. The actress is mostly known for her latest role as Alya in Kırmızı Oda (The Red Room). However, Sözen’s career goes back even further.
So, let’s take a look at who is Melisa Sözen.
Who is Melisa Sözen?
The 37 years old Turkish actress Melisa Sözen was born on 6 July 1985 in Istanbul. The actress has been active in the sector since 1997. Sözen began her amateur career in 1997 while she was studying in the theatre department of Pera Fine Arts High School. The actress has a brother named Barış. As for her mother’s name, Sözen is the daughter of Nilgün Karaca.
Melisa Sözen’s Educational Background
The actress started primary school at Ata College but graduated from Lütfü Banat school. Melisa Sözen attended secondary school at Ata College. At the same time, she attended Alev Baymur Ballet School. She made her stage debut at the age of 14 in the musical Yedi Kocalı Hürmüz (Hürmüz with Seven Husband).
The Turkish actress Sözen played with veteran actress and actor Nilgün Belgün and Levent Özdilek, whom she met there, in her first television series called Kadınlar Kulübü (Women’s Club) in 1999. Sözen graduated from Pera Fine Arts High School Theater Department. She completed her university education at the Department of Stage and Performing Arts at Bilgi University.
How did Melisa Sözen Become Popular?
Veteran Turkish actor Levent Özdilek introduced Melisa Sözen to İrfan Tözüm and Tözüm to Çağan Irmak. In 2001, she became successful in the audition for the movie Bana Şans Dile (Wish Me Luck) directed by Çağan Irmak. Thus, the beautiful actress entered the world of cinema.
A few years later, she became widely known with the 2004-make TV series Çemberimde Gül Oya (The Rose and The Thorn). Eminent Turkish director Çağan Irmak was the director of the period TV series. The series became so popular that it brought great recognition to the Turkish actress. The series was a period TV drama that was containing the political unrest in Turkey between the 1960s and 1980s.
The Outstanding Career of the Turkish Actress Sözen
Popular Turkish TV series such as Çemberimde Gül Oya (The Rose and the Thorn), Bıçak Sırtı, Bir Bulut Olsam (If I Were A Cloud), Muhteşem Yüzyıl (The Magnificent Century), Kırmızı Oda (The Red Room), and Şubat (February) featured the outstanding actress Melisa Sözen. In Şubat (February), the Turkish actress performed two distinct characters.
The accomplished Turkish actress Sözen collaborated with some of Turkey’s most renowned filmmakers. She starred in movies such as Av Mevsimi (Hunting Season), Bir Varmış Bir Yokmuş (Once Upon a Time), and Cenneti Beklerken (Waiting for Heaven).
The First International Recognition of Melisa Sözen
Melisa Sözen gained attention abroad in 2014 for her outstanding performance in Kış Uykusu (Winter Sleep). The film was directed by Turkey’s one of the most prominent and internationally known directors Nuri Bilge Ceylan and he, whit this movie, won the prestigious award Palme d’Or.
Why did Melisa Sözen Move to Paris?
Sözen relocated to Paris for a period to practice her French after her part in the third season of Le Bureau des Légendes. It was an influential television series created by Éric Rochant. Damien veut changing le monde, a 2019 French film, gave her her first leading role. Thus, the actress has also had the chance to show up her talent in acting to the world.
Unstoppable Rise of Sözen
In her own country, Melisa Sözen experienced unprecedented levels of critical success. The actress was able to do this because she received recognition from both the Theater Critics Association and the Film Critics Association. The Knot of the Heart and Kış Uykusu (Winter Sleep), both released in 2015, featured the actress in leading parts.
Which Festivals did Melisa Sözen Take Part in as a Jury Member?
Due to her great achievements, Melisa Sözen was frequently invited to serve as a jury member at numerous international film festivals. These are including the Cannes Series, the International Istanbul Film Festival, the Sarajevo Film Festival, and the Guanajuato International Film Festival, all of which were held in 2015. (France, 2018).
Afterward: The Rise Continues in Melisa Sözen’s Career
The most important feature that identifies Melisa Sözen is that she never stops producing and learning. Even though the actress has already been one of the greatest Turkish actresses, she always pushes her limits further. And so, this reflects in her career too.
One of her latest greatest debuts was with the Turkish series Alef (Aleph). It was a crime and detective series shot for the digital platform Blu TV. The series was shot in Istanbul and was investigating a dead body found on Istanbul’s Bosphorus. In the series, Melisa Sözen shared the lead roles with acclaimed Turkish actors Kenan İmirzalıoğlu and Ahmet Mümtaz Taylan.
Awards that Melisa Sözen Received
- 2008 — İsmail Dümbüllü Awards, Best Turkish TV Actress, with Bıçak Sırtı (Knife-Edge)
- 2010 — 4th Yeşilçam Awards, Best Supporting Actress, with Av Mevsimi (Hunting Season)
TV Series & Dramas Starring Melisa Sözen
Between 1997 – 2007
- 1997 — Baba Evi – TV Series
- 2000 — Aşk Güzel Şeydir – TV Series
- 2001 — Bana Şans Dile (Wish Me Luck) – as Tuba – The first feature film of the actress
- 2001 — Nisan Yağmuru (April Rain) * as Nilüfer – TV Series
- In 2001 — Yeni Hayat (New Life) – as Özgür – TV Series
- 2002 — Asmalı Konak – as a guest actress
- 2002 — İçerideki – as Zeynep – Short movie
- 2003 — Büyümüş De Küçülmüş – as Şebnem – TV Series
- 2003 — Şıh Senem – as Şıh Daughter Sinem – TV Series
- In 2003 — Şarkılar Seni Söyler – as Fatoş – TV Series
- 2003 — Okul (School) – as Ceyda – Feature Film
- 2004 — Kayıp Aşklar (Lost Loves) – as Nermin – TV Series
- 2004 — Çemberimde Gül Oya (The Rose and the Thorn) – as Feriha – TV Series
- In 2004 — O Şimdi Mahkum – as Aylin – Feature Film
- 2005 — Beşinci Boyut (The Fifth Dimension) – as businesswoman Özlem Güler Ekergil – TV Series
- 2005 — Cenneti Beklerken (Waiting for Heaven) – as Leyla – Feature Film
- In 2005 — Deli Mavi / İşte Öyle Bir Şey – as Lara – TV Film
- 2005 — Çarpışma (Crush) – as the woman whose purse stolen – Short movie
- 2006 — İade-i Ziyaret – as Cansu – Short Movie
- 2006 — Eve Giden Yol 1914 (Road Home) – as Safiye – Feature Film
- In 2006 — Azap Yolu – as Burcu – TV Series
- 2006 — Kabuslar Evi: Seni Beklerken (House of Nightmares: While Waiting for You) – as Mukaddes/Ece – TV Series
Between 2007 – 2016
- 2007 — Hakkını Helal Et – as Gamze – TV Series
- 2007-2008 — Bıçak Sırtı (Knife-Edge) – as Nisan Ertuğrul – TV Series
- 2008 — Para=Dolar (Money=Dollar) – TV Film
- 2009 — Bir Bulut Olsam (If I was a Cloud) – as Narin Bulut – TV Series
- 2009 — Casus Kızlar – Clover – Dubbing
- 2010 — Av Mevsimi (Hunting Season) – as Asiye – Feature Flm
- In 2010 — Güneydoğudan Öyküler Önce Vatan – as Aylin Solmaz – TV Series
- 2010 — Kollama – as Lawyer Pınar Büyük – TV Series
- 2011 — Reis (Warden) – as Ayşe – TV Series
- 2012 — Muhteşem Yüzyıl (Magnificent Century) – as Nora (Efsun) – TV Series
- 2012 — Pazarları Hiç Sevmem – as Deniz – Feature film
- In 2012 — Şubat (February) – Yağmur & Sabah – TV Series
- 2014 — Analı Oğullu – as Ece – TV Series
- 2014 — Kış Uykusu (Winter Sleep) – as Nihal – Feature Film
- In 2014 — Benimle Var Mısın? – Feature Film
- 2015 — Bir Varmış Bir Yokmuş (Once Upon a Time) – as Nehir – Feature Film
- 2015 — Beş Kardeş (Five Brothers) – as Fahriye – TV Series
- 2016 — Hayat Şarkısı – as İpek – TV Series
2016 and Afterwards
- 2017 — Le Bureau des légendes – as Esrin – TV Series
- 2017 — Çember: Kızımı Bulun – as İpek Eryılmaz – TV film series
- In 2017 — 7 Yüz (Seven Faces) – TV Series
- 2018 — Babamın Günahları (My Father’s Sins) – as Yeşim -TV Series
- 2019 — Damien veut changer le monde – as Selma – Feature Film
- 2020 – Alef (Aleph) – as Yaşar – TV Series
- 2020 — Kırmızı Oda (The Red Room) – as Alya – TV Series
Melisa Sözen’s Private Life
So, the Turkish actress Melisa Sözen got married to theater actor Alican Yücesoy on 31 July 2013. In the fifth month of their marriage, nevertheless, they decided to divorce.
Now, the actress has been together with one of the most popular Turkish rock bands Mor ve Ötesi (Purple and Beyond)’s solist Harun Tekin for 10 years.
Melisa Sözen’s Physical Features
What is Melisa Sözen‘s height? What is Melisa Sözen‘s weight? Moreover, what is Melisa Sözen‘s zodiac sign? So, the 37-year-old Turkish actress Melisa Sözen is 1.69 meters tall and 54 kilograms. So, with her impressive outlook and eternal talent, Melisa Sözen is definitely one of the most successful actresses in Turkey. As for the zodiac sign of the Turkish actress, Sözen is a Cancer person.
Moreover, the Turkish actress Melisa Sözen has black eyes and black hair.
Turkish Actress Instagram, Twitter, and More
So, the beautiful Turkish actress is not a very active social media user. The Turkish actress Sözen has more than 382K followers on Instagram and 415 posts currently. As for her Twitter account, the actress has 2598 followers currently. As you see, she is not a social media phenomenon, she comes to the fore with her works instead.
So, below, you can see the official social media accounts of the popular Turkish actress:
So, did you like the content? If you do, then please follow us through our social media accounts. And don’t forget to feed us with your valuable feedback! So, let’s meet in the comments…