Aslı Enver: The Life Story of the Actress Stretching from England to Turkey
There are some significant adjectives coming to mind when someone wants to define the Turkish actress Aslı Enver. It may change from person to person, but here is what we got: a sober, steady, and definitely quality star in Turkey. As you keep reading the content, you will probably give us the right.
The 37-year-old, which is one of the hardest things to believe, has been on the TV screen and the silver screen for almost two decades. But what’s more, it seems she will continue to be more in the future. It has been almost twenty years and the Turkish audience loves her so much.
Do you wanna know why? Here is, or are, the reasons…
Aslı Enver: Who is She Really?
Aslı Enver is a self-esteemed accomplished Turkish actress who was born on 10 May 1984 in London, England. The actress has two siblings. If we had to state some iconic roles she has ever appeared, they would be Mine in “Kavak Yelleri” (a remake of Dawson’s Creek), as Ahu Kumral in “Suskunlar” (Game of Silence), and as Süreyya in “İstanbullu Gelin” (Evermore or Bride of Istanbul). She is also famous for her roles in “Kayıp”, “Bana Artık Hicran De”, “Kardeşim Benim”, “Tamam mıyız?”, and “Babil” (The Choice).
As we stated, the actress was born in London, England, and she lived there until she was 12 years old. As for her family, Aslı Enver’s father is of Turkish Cypriot origin. He grew up in London and met, and then married the actress’s mother there. During which, Aslı Enver’s mother was abroad for her graduate studies. Later on, when she was a teenager, Aslı Enver won a song contest in London. Afterward, the Turkey chapter of the story has begun for the actress…
She started theatre at Müjdat Gezen Art Centre in Istanbul. When it came to secondary education, Aslı Enver studied at Pera Fine Arts High School. Then, she graduated in theatre studies from Haliç University.
Her First Appearance on TV and After
The young Aslı Enver had her first minor-guest role in Uzay Sitkomu (A Space Sitcom). Later, she had a major part in the TV series Hayat Bilgisi (Science of Life). 3 years later, the actress played the main character Mine Ergun in the popular youth series Kavak Yelleri for five seasons. The series was a remake of Dawson’s Creek, and the actress made her best debut ever.
She has acted in the movies “Tamam mıyız?” and “Kardeşim Benim”. Then, she took part in the TV series “Suskunlar” (Game of Silence), “Kayıp” (Lost), “Bana Artık Hicran De” (Call Me Hicran), “Mutlu Ol Yeter” and “Kış Güneşi” (Winter Sun).
Aslı Enver’s Last Debut on TV: ‘Babil’ (The Choice)
The last appearance of Aslı Enver on TV was with Babil (The Choice), a Turkish TV drama in the crime and action genre. In the series, the actress starred as a passionate police officer who is on a secret mission. She tries to reveal a huge construction firm’s crime links by making their son fall in love with herself.
However somehow, she falls in love with another person, İrfan (played by Halit Ergenç), who is also connected with the crime plot. In the lead roles, Birce Akalay also accompanied Aslı Enver as well as Halit Ergenç. Although the series was very quality, it didn’t last so long, and at the end of 20 episodes, it said goodbye to the screens with the final episode.
Aslı Enver’s Private Life
The beautiful Turkish actress Aslı Enver married Birkan Sokullu on 13 July 2012. On 27 August 2015, they made a statement through their lawyers and announced their divorce.
In 2015, she became close to her costar from Kardeşim Benim, Murat Boz, an eminent Turkish singer. The actress started a relationship with him in 2016. However, the couple broke up in May 2017. With so many comes and goes, and at the end of a few months of reconciliation, they eventually ended their relationship in April 2018. In November 2018, they announced their reconciliation after 8 months of separation. However, they irreversibly broke up in October 2019.
Since then, she hasn’t been involved in a relationship as far as we know.
Physical Features of Aslı Enver
What is Aslı Enver’s height? What is Aslı Enver’s weight? Moreover, what is Aslı Enver’s zodiac sign? So, the 37-year-old actress Aslı Enver is 1.68 meters tall and 55 kilograms. So, despite her age, the actress is still as fit as a 20-year-old girl. The zodiac sign of the young actress, on the other hand, is Taurus.
The List of TV Series, Dramas, and Films of Aslı Enver
- Babil (The Choice) (as Ayşe) (TV Series), 2020
- İstanbullu Gelin (Evermore, or Bride of Istanbul) (as Süreyya Boran) (TV Series), 2017
- Öteki Taraf (The Other Side) (as Ece) (Feature Film), 2017
- Kış Güneşi (Winter Sun) (as Nisan) (TV Series), 2016
- Mutlu Ol Yeter (as Zeynep) (TV Series), 2015
- Kardeşim Benim (as Zeynep) (Feature Film), 2015
- Bana Artık Hicran De (Call Me Hicran) (as Hicran Eyüpoğlu) (TV Series), 2014
- Tamam mıyız? (Are We OK?) (as Beste) (Feature Film), 2013
- Kayıp (Lost) (as Özlem Albayrak) (TV Series), 2013
- Suskunlar (Game of Silence) (as Ahu) (TV Series), 2012
- Rakı Masası (Short Movie), 2012
- Kavak Yelleri (remake of Dawson’s Creek) (as Mine Ergun) (TV Series), 2007
- Hayat Bilgisi (Science of Life) (as Hazal) (TV Series), 2003
- Ayna (Mirror) (Short Movie), 2002
- Uzay Sitkomu (A Space Sitcom) (TV Series), 2002
Awards and Nominations
- Yıldız Technical University Business Club: Most Admired Theatre Actress of 2015 (Won) — Personel, 2016
- 3rd Elele Avon Woman Awards: Actress of the Year (Nominated) — Personel, 2017
- Yıldız Technical University Business Club: Most Admired Movie Actress of 2016 (Won) — Kardeşim Benim, 2017
- 44th Pantene Golden Butterfly Awards: Best Actress (Won) — İstanbullu Gelin (Evermore, or Bride of Istanbul), 2017
- 6th Bilkent TV Awards: Best Drama Actress (Won) — İstanbullu Gelin (Evermore, or Bride of Istanbul), 2017
- Marketing Turkey the One Awards: Female Advertising Face Award (Won) — İstanbullu Gelin (Evermore, or Bride of Istanbul), 2018
- 45th Pantene Golden Butterfly Awards: Best Actress (Nominated) — İstanbullu Gelin (Evermore, or Bride of Istanbul), 2018
- 46th Pantene Golden Butterfly Awards: Best Actress (Nominated) — İstanbullu Gelin (Evermore, or Bride of Istanbul), 2020
- “8th Yeditepe Delik Odulleri” Yeditepe University: Best Actress of the year 2019 (Won) — İstanbullu Gelin (Evermore, or Bride of Istanbul), 2020
Aslı Enver Instagram, Twitter, and More
So, the accomplished actress and Turkish celebrity have more than 6M followers on Instagram. As for Twitter, at the moment, the actress has more than 329.7K followers. So, for those who wish to monitor her more closely, here is her official Instagram account which she uses actively.
Did You Know?
Sadly, in May 2020, she confirmed that she had been diagnosed with dyslexia (reading disorder) at a young age.
So, did you like the content? If you do, then please follow us through our social media accounts. And don’t forget to feed us with your valuable feedback! See you in the comments…
I love Asli, definitely my favorite Turkish actress. Asli really amazed people all around the world with her phenomenal performance and acting skills and ofcourse her beautiful personality, modesty and humility.
Great review, thanks 🙏🏻
Beautiful actress with a great presence on screen. Faruk and Sureyya are the best on screen couple. Their on screen chemistry felt like your watching real life events.. ❤️
Outstanding series. The writing, music, and acting were superb. Everyone of the actors played their role to perfection. I couldn’t pick one actor as better than the rest.
I’d like to know the background of the actress who played Esma.
She brought out every emotion within me.
Kudos to the cast and support staff.
Definitely one of the best dramas I’ve ever seen.