Winter is on our doors knocking via its cold and winds. People, therefore, are seeking both healthy and delicious recipes amid COVID danger and seasonal factors. So, we thought that would be great to share our special potato & broccoli soup recipe. As it is not only a healthy flavor to taste and try but also a very delicious one that you will never regret. Indeed, you will eagerly want to make and surprise your beloved ones. (Click here for more soup recipes.)
It is a comforting and healthy winter soup recipe (“patatesli broccoli çorbası” in Turkish). That’s what’s on the agenda. Well, it is winter! We need warm and cozy soup that certainly fit that bill. So, please let us introduce you to one of the most delicious soups of Turkish cuisine.
Potato & Broccoli Soup Recipe – Patatesli Brokoli Çorbası
With this delicious and healthy soup recipe, we’re using as much of the broccoli and the potato as possible. That means we’re including the thick broccoli stem as well as the florets as they really help to flavor the soup. As for the potato – that’s just going to be scrubbed clean. No peeling necessary. We’re into this yummy and steaming soup recipe for the nutrients as well as the satisfying flavors.
How to Make Potato and Broccoli Soup?
- 1 head of broccoli (approx. 500g), florets separated from the stem and stem roughly chopped
- A large potato, scrubbed and chopped into cubes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- One dessertspoonful olive oil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- A tsp sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper to season
Steps to Cook the Perfect Potato & Broccoli Soup
- Firstly, boil the kettle.
- Meanwhile, in a deep saucepan, gently heat your olive oil and add the onion.
- Later on, stir the onion until it starts to sweat, and then add the potato.
- Stir around and then add your chopped broccoli stems.
- Now add your paprika, chili, and seasoning and stir into the vegetables.
- Afterward, turn the heat to high and pour enough boiling water into the pan to cover your vegetables.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to medium, cover and simmer for around 15 minutes until your broccoli stems soften.
- Now chop your broccoli florets into bite-sized chunks and add to the pan.
- Add more water to just cover the florets and return the lid to the pan.
- Simmer for another 10-15 mins until your florets have softened.
- Now remove your pan from the heat and blend.
- Add more water to get your vegetable soup to the desired consistency.
- Serve your delicious soup with a wedge of fresh crusty bread.